How To Reduce Belly Fat – 10 Fat Burning Exercises for A Flat Tummy
Gaining weight is a lot easier than taking it off. If you’ve gained weight over the holidays and are looking for ways to lose it, so be it. It requires a lot of persistence – do you have it? Here are a few tried and tested weight loss tips which are guaranteed to help you get on track and stay there.
The Science Behind Weight Loss:
- Weight loss can only happen when you create a calorie deficit in your daily life.
- Amount of calories measure the energy stored in your body.
- A person who consumes 3000 calories a day and also spends the same amount of calories, then would remain of the same the weight.
- However, a person consuming 3000 calories and spending just 2500 calories, would gain weight due to 500 calories being stored in the body.
- Calorie deficit ensures that you have reduced calories in a day.
- You can either reduce your daily calorific needs by 500 by just dieting or just exercising or both by exercising and dieting. The result would be weight loss due to reduction in calories daily!
- 500 calorie deficit a day would mean 1 pound loss of weight over a week.
Weight loss tips that work
#1 Leave the scale alone:
- We’re talking about 2 scales here – the weighing scale and the food scale.
- Check your weight if you like so you have a reference point to start with.
- The food scale is a tool used by some weight loss methods to measure portions.
- When you are eating out, order appetizers and skip the entrée altogether.
- Or order an entrée and share it.
- Cut back on carbs – skip the bread basket and eat salad.
#2 Eat more fruit:
- Take fruit along and keep it handy.
- If you have a craving for something sweet, eat some fruit instead.
- Get natural sugars and fiber instead of a calorie bomb.
- What an easy to follow weight loss tip!
#3 Protein shakes:
- There are so many to choose from.
- Just make, shake and drink especially when one is ravenous and in need of a low calorie meal.
- These come in exciting flavours too.
#4 Box yourself in:
- If you eat in the office cafeteria, choose the smallest possible container and fill that up.
- Imagine yourself not going for seconds.
- Eat slowly and wait a while to see if you want more.
- One invaluable weight loss tip is to brush your teeth after eating.
- You’re less likely to be tempted to eat after that.
- This is a good way to cut out your midnight snack.
#6 Taking pictures:
- Get a friend to help you by taking a “before” picture – i.e., you at your current weight.
- This is a great tool to keep you motivated even if you fall off the exercise and diet plan.
- Ideally, take pictures at every stage as a reminder.
#7 Liquid calories:
- How many of you like to have a drink to unwind? Depending on your choice of poison, these drinks can blow your weight loss plans.
- Cut back on sugary drinks like packaged fruit juices and lemonade.
- You can treat yourself to a glass of wine if you have been good.
#8 Skinny Pants:
- Get out your skinny pants and jeans and try getting into them.
- These provide the motivation to lay off tempting food items like that chocolate brownie.
- It’s not what you are thinking. Why not use lemons, cucumbers, fruits and herbs to flavour your water?
- You get your daily quota of water and stay hydrated.
- After cooking a meal, serve yourself and immediately put the leftovers in the fridge.
- This will prevent you from overeating.
Now that you know how to start to reduce the gained weight, learn how to maintain your new weight with the help of the following tips.
How to maintain your weight post reduction:
- Continue the regime that helped you so far with a few modifications like increase the exercise time, change the type of exercises you do, find more healthy recipes to follow so that you don’t get bored with the same food.
- You need a continued dedication and determination to achieve your goal and maintain it.
- Treat yourself with every small goal achieved. This will give you an impetus to work harder.
- Make the above changes permanent in your life!
- Don’t shy away from asking for help from your loved ones whenever you aren’t feeling motivated enough
- It is all about sustainable weight-loss! No fad diets, extreme exercise regime or detoxes are going to last long enough to produce a sustained weight loss regime.
As mentioned above, it is ideal to opt for a slow weight loss regime. A slow weight loss regime would require unbreakable dedication and another level of patience, however, with the benefits enlisted below, we believe it is the best way to go for it!
1. Easier to maintain lost weight:
- With rapid weight loss, your metabolism will increase rapidly and then reach a plateau, causing difficult weight loss process in the later stage.
- However, with a slow weight loss regime, the metabolism is gradually changed and always remains efficient, thus helping in weight loss as well as maintenance of lost weight as well.
2. Safer way to lose weight:
- Rapid weight loss can cause injuries as well as nutrient deficiency or even heart attack due to rapid changes in the body.
- Slow weight loss ensures that your body is used to comfortable with all the changes taking place due to weight loss regime.
3. Less chances of muscle loss:
- Weight loss over a short period of time can result in muscle loss as stringent calorie deficit could result in body consuming energy from muscle cells.
- However, slower weight loss helps in utilizing fat cells rather than muscles and hence avoid muscle loss.
4. Keep loose skin at bay:
- Slow weight loss ensures, that the skin stretches and contracts according to body changes without the occurrence of flabby, loose skin!
- Skin is elastic organ, however, it takes time for it to get used to the body changes, and hence we should lose weight over a long period of time.
5. Healthier Hair:
- Healthy hair requires multiple vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, which a fast paced weight loss program can end up disturbing!
6. Reduced Tiredness:
- A change in the body with a huge calorific deficit will definitely end up making you more tired and fatigued.
Now you know how weight loss works, tips on how to lose weight, really cool suggestions to maintain the lost weight and also, how a slow-paced weight loss regime is the best way to lose weight here!